A Battle Of Crowns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A world in which dominance over the hands is fought by the crowns of Vampire and Werewolf in an age old battle where all your can trust is the blade in your hand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alone and Bored

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Graeme Kerr

Alone and Bored Empty
PostSubject: Alone and Bored   Alone and Bored I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 8:16 pm

Graeme laid on Eva's bed, staring silently up at the high ceiling of the room.

His lip twitched in boredom as he inhaled slowly and deeply. His ribs were little more than a dull ache now. They were well on their way to healing fully.

Soon the two could escape from this shit hole.

The man clucked his tongue as he waited for Eva to appear. She'd disappeared somewhere before he had woken up, leaving him alone and bored.

Not a good combination.
Back to top Go down
Eva

Alone and Bored Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alone and Bored   Alone and Bored I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 8:22 pm

Eva had decided to sneak through the castle early in the night before her family would wake, Graeme was healing well so she needed to start getting ready to leave, already she was stock piling as much money as she could and taking any small objects that held value.

After rummaging through her mother's jewelry and taking what she knew the woman wouldn't even notice had gone missing she went to the kitchens to bring some food up for Graeme.

Her family hadn't even questioned why she hadn't been attending meals the last few days, they simply didn't care, as such she used that time to spend with the man and tend to him.

Before leaving the kitchen she found one of the servants and fed before padding up eagerly with a tray full of food for the man.

She pushed the door open with her hip, trying to walk in quietly before she realized he was already awake.

"Evening, sleepy head."
Back to top Go down
Graeme Kerr

Alone and Bored Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alone and Bored   Alone and Bored I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 8:26 pm

Graeme's eyes raised to the door when Eva pushed it open.

"Ye were supposed to stay with me, lass." His thick accent betrayed his annoyance at her.

If he didn't know where she was, he had no chance of protecting her from her bastard of a brother. Or any other person that wanted to do her harm.

Graeme pushed himself to sit up, wincing as his ribs throbbed. Okay, when he was still they were just a dull ache. They hurt quite a bit more when he was moving around. He wound an arm around his ribs as if to hold them in place.

"Donae walk around the castle alone."
Back to top Go down
Eva

Alone and Bored Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alone and Bored   Alone and Bored I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 8:29 pm

"I can sneak around the castle fine on my own, plus, you can hardly look after me when you're hurt and you wont heal unless you're tended to, that means food."

She replied, holding up her tray before setting it down on the small table.

"I got around without anyone noticing me so calm down."

She added with a soft smile before sitting down on one of the chairs. It was easier to get around the castle without him, he smelled too peculiar for people not to notice that he was there.
Back to top Go down
Graeme Kerr

Alone and Bored Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alone and Bored   Alone and Bored I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 8:32 pm

"This time ye did."

Graeme was more careful with moving as he shuffled to the edge of the bed to sit up. He rubbed his ribs gently as he ran a hand through his wild red curls.

"What about next time when ye bastard brother catches ye?"

His eyes narrowed in a warning glare. "Don't go out alone."
Back to top Go down
Eva

Alone and Bored Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alone and Bored   Alone and Bored I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 9:13 pm

"What difference will having you there do? You're weaker than I am, it will just end up with me hurt and you dead."

She replied with a huff as he glared at her, she didn't like having her ability undermined like that, she could handle one little trip to the kitchen by herself.

She simply wouldn't mention the fact that she visited a few other places on her journey.

"You can't even sneak out around here, you smell too good, people would pick you up in a heart beat."
Back to top Go down
Graeme Kerr

Alone and Bored Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alone and Bored   Alone and Bored I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 9:16 pm

"I could create enough of a distraction for you to run."

If he was going to try and protect her from her family, then he wasn't going to do a half-assed job of it. He would lay down his life to protect the girl in any way he could.

The man gave an annoyed huff.

"If you hadn't confined me to this room, I'd had already left paths everywhere. It'd be easier for me to sneak around."
Back to top Go down
Eva

Alone and Bored Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alone and Bored   Alone and Bored I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 9:19 pm

"You really think that I am going to let you die for me? Idiot."

Eva snorted a soft laugh, pushing the table closer to the bed so that Graeme could reach it without having to get up.

"Yeah right, as if you could actually walk around at the moment, you act tough but I bet those ribs of yours hurt like crazy.

I still can't believe that you heal so slowly."

She hadn't seen anything like it before.
Back to top Go down
Graeme Kerr

Alone and Bored Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alone and Bored   Alone and Bored I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 9:23 pm

"Ye really think I'll be letting you have a choice in tha' decision, lass?" he retorted. She wouldn't stop him if he decided to give up his life for her.

He'd do it, even with her creaming her childish profanities in his ear.

He reached out for a breadroll eagerly. He'd never had bread so fresh as the bread served here at the castle. Even a day old, the bread was soft and delicious. Far better than what he had survived on; on the rare occasion that he was able to steal a loaf of bread.

"Yes, thank ye for reminding me of my severe lack of healing ability. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night without knowing." His voice was acidic.

Spending so much time laying around healing put him in a bad mood. Being reminded of the situation put him in a worse mood.
Back to top Go down
Eva

Alone and Bored Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alone and Bored   Alone and Bored I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 9:34 pm

Hearing that he would so eagerly through his life away like that always made her peevish, if he had a little more sense he would know that it wouldn't do any good, if he died she would still get abused over and over and she would never be able to escape on her own.

"Don't snap at me, it's not my fault that your body doesn't work properly and I wont apologize for going out nor will I promise not to do it again because if I hadn't you wouldn't be getting anything to eat at all."

In her eyes he had no right to be mad at her, she was just trying her best to look after him.
Back to top Go down
Graeme Kerr

Alone and Bored Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alone and Bored   Alone and Bored I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 9:39 pm

Graeme just gave a huff in return.

Annoying little child.

"Let me out there and I'd be able to get food myself. You donae have to treat me like I'm incapable." He was annoyed at being locked in this room.

There was nothing for a grown man to do to keep himself occupied in this room. And there was only so many times Graeme could jerk off before he got bored.
Back to top Go down
Eva

Alone and Bored Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alone and Bored   Alone and Bored I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 9:47 pm

"Let you out there? Why do I have to let you out it is not as if I've been keeping you locked up here..."

She hadn't been locking the door to keep him in, she had been locking it to keep them out, he was more than capable of unlocking it from the inside and going out.

"You're hurt, and you're hurt because of me, isn't helping you get better the least I can do?"

She asked, looking over at him.
Back to top Go down
Graeme Kerr

Alone and Bored Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alone and Bored   Alone and Bored I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 9:50 pm

Graeme wasn't someone with a huge amount of sense. When a door was locked, it was locked.

He'd never been rich enough to be in a place that actually had locks. He didn't know how they worked. He just knew that when something was locked, it was locked until the person that had locked it came back to unlock it.

"I'm hurt because of me," he responded.

It wasn't Eva that had hurt him. It was his own choice to run head-long into the scrap between Eva and her brother.

"Ye're not responsible for this, lass. Don't make caring for me your responsibility."
Back to top Go down
Eva

Alone and Bored Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alone and Bored   Alone and Bored I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 6:39 pm

Eva scoffed a little but sat back quietly, arguing with him wasn't going to get her anywhere he was too thick headed to see that he was a hindrance more then he was helpful, at least when he was injured and could barely move without wincing.

"The sooner we get out of here the better."

At least then some of the lingering stress would be lifted, they wouldn't have to be confined to this room.

Back to top Go down
Graeme Kerr

Alone and Bored Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alone and Bored   Alone and Bored I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 6:42 pm

"I cannae risk it yet."

But he silently agreed.

The sooner his bloody ribs healed, the sooner they could get themselves away from this shithole of a castle. They could be more relaxed then. They wouldn't have to constantly group together for Graeme to feel Eva was safe.

At the moment Graeme's life was Eva. He didn't want that for himself.

There were too many women to woo. Too much alcohol to drink.

Eva didn't fit into those two things.
Back to top Go down
Eva

Alone and Bored Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alone and Bored   Alone and Bored I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 6:44 pm

Eva sighed and got to her feet, padding over to the bed and flopping onto it in defeat, she was sick of these four walls.

"Sorry for making you worry."

She mumbled, hiding her face in a pillow as she sprawled out beside him.

Wandering off without him wasn't something she enjoyed doing, she didn't defy what he wanted simply for amusement, it was to help him in any way she could.
Back to top Go down
Graeme Kerr

Alone and Bored Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alone and Bored   Alone and Bored I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 6:47 pm

His eyes slid shut when she flopped onto the bed, jolting it - and himself.

At least with her face buried in one of her pillows, she couldn't see the faint lines of pain etched onto his face as he let himself settle somewhat comfortably again.

He couldn't heal soon enough.

"Donae do it again."
Back to top Go down
Eva

Alone and Bored Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alone and Bored   Alone and Bored I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 6:54 pm

Eva curled in next to him, nipping his arm softly at the order.

"Then hurry up and get better so you can actually move around."

The fact that he was still in pain hadn't escaped her notice, she was far more observant than he gave her credit for.

"Tomorrow even before everyone wakes up we can go down to the kitchens together."

Until then he could simply eat the food she had brought him up for the day.
Back to top Go down
Graeme Kerr

Alone and Bored Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alone and Bored   Alone and Bored I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 6:57 pm

His arm moved away from her slightly when she nipped it. The thought of a Vampire taking a quick bite of him wasn't hugely appealing when he wasn't the one doing the offering.

"I'm not slowing down the healing process to make you bored, lass," he murmured softly as his eyes flickered open, dropping down to her.

There was very little trace of the pained expression he'd worn a minute ago.

He nodded at her suggestion, wild red curls bouncing and jerking with the movement.
Back to top Go down
Eva

Alone and Bored Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alone and Bored   Alone and Bored I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 7:02 pm

She pursed her lips a little as she looked at some of his wounds, the cuts didn't bleed anymore but they were still visible of his skin, the ones she had received were already completely faded.

"I just don't see why it is taking so long, I've never met a necromancer that couldn't heal themselves."

Most of them knew a spell or two to fix themselves up right away.

She gave a soft pout as his arm pulled away from her, she wasn't going to bite him, only an affectionate nibble.
Back to top Go down
Graeme Kerr

Alone and Bored Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alone and Bored   Alone and Bored I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 7:04 pm

"I've always healed at this rate."

And he had no penchant for magic. He didn't have the ability to heal himself or raise the dead or talk to spirits that didn't want to be talked to.

He wasn't like any other Necromancer he knew, either.

And it bugged him a lot.

His family had all once been able to do what any Necromancer could.
Back to top Go down
Eva

Alone and Bored Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alone and Bored   Alone and Bored I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 7:06 pm

"Weird."

She murmured with a little shrug before giving a soft laugh.

"Isn't that just my luck, I buy the one necromancer who can't do magic."

She replied with a giggle as she looked up at him cheekily, not that it was his fault, it was just amusing.

Plus, she didn't really see him as her property at all, he was a free man.
Back to top Go down
Graeme Kerr

Alone and Bored Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alone and Bored   Alone and Bored I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 7:09 pm

He didn't laugh along with her giggle.

He didn't look amused at all.

But when his eyes flickered down to her wide, cheeky smile, they softened a little. She held a polite smile a lot. But it was rare - he had noticed - that she actually grinned and laughed like girls her age should have done.

He couldn't condemn her for making a joke at his expense if he actually got to see her happy.

"Ye're lucky I cannae perform magic, lass." His lips curled into a teasing grin.
Back to top Go down
Eva

Alone and Bored Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alone and Bored   Alone and Bored I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 7:13 pm

"Or what? Would you turn me into a toad?"

She asked, tilting her head at him, she would have been in trouble if he could do magic, no doubt he would be able to get her back for teasing him rather easily.

"I can't do any magic at the moment either, I was hoping to learn but.."

She gave a soft shrug, her family wasn't going to waste the time and money on paying a teacher just so she could learn 'foolish tricks' as they had put it.
Back to top Go down
Graeme Kerr

Alone and Bored Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alone and Bored   Alone and Bored I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 7:16 pm

"I'm more creative than that," he huffed, playfully insulted.

If he would turn her into anything, it would be way more creative than a toad.

It would also be something small and easy to look after. Like a tortoise. She couldn't get herself into much mess if she were a tortoise.

"Perhaps we can find someone to teach you on the road," he suggested half-heartedly.

He didn't know if they could or not, but it would be something they could look out for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alone and Bored Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alone and Bored   Alone and Bored I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alone and Bored
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Battle Of Crowns :: Nalithia :: Towns and Villages-
Jump to: