A Battle Of Crowns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A world in which dominance over the hands is fought by the crowns of Vampire and Werewolf in an age old battle where all your can trust is the blade in your hand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bad News This Time

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Queen Cierra

Bad News This Time - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad News This Time   Bad News This Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 3:29 am

"Then all three of us should be quite pleased, that is, if you manage to successfully complete your mission.

Should you return after a months time, I shall take my prize and you can forgo yours."

He was sure of himself and willing to bet, if it prompted him to act then she was willing to play along.

"Lets just hope that you can live up to your words, Marcus."

She replied, turning to stroke a hand over his cheek as she grinned up at him.
Back to top Go down
Prince Marcus

PostSubject: Re: Bad News This Time   Bad News This Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 3:35 am

"I am a man of my word, mother."

He leaned into the hand stroking her cheek.

"If nothing else, you raised me to do that much." His mother had little hand in teaching him anything. But she had drummed the importance of keeping to your word in his head. He would keep to his word and she would get her prize.

They would all get their prizes.

"Will you send me off tomorrow? I will fight better with your words being the final ones in my ear when I leave."
Back to top Go down
Queen Cierra

PostSubject: Re: Bad News This Time   Bad News This Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 4:54 pm

"At least you know well enough not to lie to me.

Keep your word to me and you will be in my favor, as will your little pet."

If they came back with the oracle she would forgive any and all wrong doings that the two of them had done.

Her hand stroked down his neck, caressing his throat.

"Rest now, I dare say the rest of your month will be sleepless, I'll be waiting for you in the morning."
Back to top Go down
Prince Marcus

PostSubject: Re: Bad News This Time   Bad News This Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 6:17 pm

"I do not have the wish for death that many others do."

Marcus didn't have a death wish. It was one thing that had kept him alive so long; not lying to his mother.

The man gave a soft sigh. "There will be no sleep but there will be forced rest for many hours." He could only travel in the dark. The only advantage that would have would be that the oracle and his protector would sleep in the dark. They could track them quick and easy if they were sleeping.

"Do your sorcerers know of any magics that could aloow me movement in the sun?"
Back to top Go down
Queen Cierra

PostSubject: Re: Bad News This Time   Bad News This Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 8:53 pm

"You're brighter than most."

He knew how to survive interacting with her at her worst, as much as she abused him, he was a bright enough boy.

"My sorcerers are working tirelessly to come up with such a spell, but so far results have not been successful.

Once it is though we will overpower our enemies easily."

She replied with a sick grin, the Lycan could no longer use the sun against them, there would be no where to hide once the Vampire's could walk in the light.
Back to top Go down
Prince Marcus

PostSubject: Re: Bad News This Time   Bad News This Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 8:56 pm

"I was raised to be."

After his fangs came in, he had been raised to be the heir. He had the smarts; academic and street. He had intelligence and a knack for fighting. Even self preservation.

Marcus was perhaps one of the most deadly creatures in Nalithia.

"Your sorcerers have been working for many a century for such a spell. I would give them incentive to work harder." After centuries, they still had no spell?

It was inconvenient, at best.
Back to top Go down
Queen Cierra

PostSubject: Re: Bad News This Time   Bad News This Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 9:03 pm

"You were, and you have met those expectations, though you are still young, in time you will learn everything you need to."

He still had holes in his knowledge, skills could always be improved.

Give them incentive or punish them the sorcerers could only work so fast.

She supplied them with what they needed to test their magic, it was getting there slowly, a few advancements had been made but so far death had only been slowed, not stopped completely.

"They will make it work soon enough."
Back to top Go down
Prince Marcus

PostSubject: Re: Bad News This Time   Bad News This Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 9:12 pm

"Four hundred is nary an age I associate with youth."

The man's head tilted again, his long hair flowing with the movement, blue eyes piercing her. "You were still an aimless conscript at the age I am now. Just out for blood. In my so called youth, I have surpassed you in yours."

Marcus, at his age, already ruled on the battlegrounds. He had strength and smarts. Influence. More than she had had at her age.

When Marcus reached her age, he'd have surpassed her again.

There was only so much a person could teach before their student went above and beyond.

"Soon enough is doing little to help us now."
Back to top Go down
Queen Cierra

PostSubject: Re: Bad News This Time   Bad News This Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 9:16 pm

"You think you've bested me with your current achievements? It must have been hard reaching where you are now from your podium as a Prince."

He may rule on the battlefield but she had him train, she made sure he was taught by the best.

"I may have been an 'aimless conscript' but I had clawed my way there from the slums of Vampire society."

It was a time when females were stared down upon, she fought tooth and nail to get where she was at four hundred. He had everything handed to him on a silver platter.

"That's why we need the oracle."

She replied, staring up at him dully as his eyes pierced her own.
Back to top Go down
Prince Marcus

PostSubject: Re: Bad News This Time   Bad News This Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 9:21 pm

His 'silver platter' had been tarnished with intent to kill.

Everything given to him came at a price and he stepped carefully when accepting things from anyone. She had him learn to use a sword and in the same breath sent assassins to him to see what it took to get him to kill. She offered him the best blood the country had to offer and slipped poison into it for him to suffer through.

Nothing came easy for Cierra's children, no matter what she insisted.

"And I have clawed my way through your torment and teachings. Which is the harder foe, I wonder?" Not everything Cierra had to fight was intentional. She hadn't had to worry about the blood she drank being poisoned intentionally. She hadn't had to worry about assassins preying on her in sleep. Not at his age.

"You will get your Oracle."
Back to top Go down
Queen Cierra

PostSubject: Re: Bad News This Time   Bad News This Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 9:24 pm

"Say what you will, my teachings have made you into a strong man, you're better for them. When you get your wish and I finally die you will be ready to face the what the world has in store for you."

The boy was more aware of his surroundings, he could sense danger because of her.

He wouldn't be slain in his sleep by the King's men because his mind was too keen for such tricks.

"Good, now go rest, we have nothing further is discuss."
Back to top Go down
Prince Marcus

PostSubject: Re: Bad News This Time   Bad News This Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 9:29 pm

"I have no doubt in that."

Her teachings had helped him greatly in his years. But that didn't come with her status as a Queen. She would have put him through that torture and torment even if she hadn't raised to take the crown. That was just the sort of woman his mother was.

"We will be ready to leave by noon. I hope to see you at the gates as we leave."

He stepped forward to pull her against him in a stiff motion, leaning down to lay a kiss to the crown of her head. It was times like this that he felt a familial bond with her; when all she had done to help him had been dredged up and laid bare in front of them.

Marcus stepped away without a word, turning and sweeping out of the room.
Back to top Go down
Queen Cierra

PostSubject: Re: Bad News This Time   Bad News This Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 9:48 pm

"Like I said, I will be waiting for you when you wake."

She replied, though she would never admit it, she hoped for his success. Seeing him fail and die would bring her a great amount of sadness.

He was the only child that she not only felt was worthy, but she also felt close to.

All their fights and disagreements only brought them closer though neither of them would say it out loud.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad News This Time   Bad News This Time - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bad News This Time
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2