A Battle Of Crowns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A world in which dominance over the hands is fought by the crowns of Vampire and Werewolf in an age old battle where all your can trust is the blade in your hand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I Bring You News, Mother

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Prince Marcus

I Bring You News, Mother Empty
PostSubject: I Bring You News, Mother   I Bring You News, Mother I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 6:09 pm

The man's long strides echoed through the large near empty halls of the castle in a steady rhythm of steps.

He had news that he was certain that his mother would approve of.

Good news was something he hadn't bought her in almost a century. He knew that he would be risking falling out of her favour if he didn't bring her good news soon.

Thankfully he had good news. Good news that he was certain would turn her almost constant murderous rage to pleasure.

His cape flickered behind him as he turned the corner and inclined his head to the guards stationed outside his mother's throne room. They stepped aside immediately and he stepped into the room.

"I have news, Mother," he called before he had even completely entered the throne room. His steady gaze set on his mother as he strode towards her, stopping a few feet before her throne.
Back to top Go down
Queen Cierra

PostSubject: Re: I Bring You News, Mother   I Bring You News, Mother I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 6:18 pm

Cierra was a stern and dangerous woman, she didn't like it when those below her failed to reach her expectations.

Her son was yet to meet the standards that her daughters had reached, each of them excelled in their fields and brought her a great amount of pride, each of them were competing to be her heir, the mere fact that Marcus was her only son did not qualify him to automatically take the crown.

The woman was perched up in her throne, the seat decorated with silver carvings, glistening onyx, rubies and the polished white skulls of enemies she had already fallen.

She sat there, one of her usual slaves sat by her throne, his wrist slashed as he steadily filled a silver goblet for her.

She took the cup and drank slowly, savoring each sip.

"Good news I hope, though at this point I don't see the point of hoping."

She muttered, drumming her long nails against the metal as she stared down at him, she looked like a statue, perfectly carved out of marble, her flawless white skin tight over high cheek bones, dark eyes and a strong jawline.
Back to top Go down
Prince Marcus

PostSubject: Re: I Bring You News, Mother   I Bring You News, Mother I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 6:22 pm

Marcus had no desire for the crown. He preferred the front lines to the lavish rooms of the castle he called his home any day.

The crown wouldn't suit him and as such he did little to try to sway his mother to find him a good choice for the throne. Marcus did the opposite most of the time. He intentionally did things to rile his mother up to make her believe that he would be a terrible king.

"You can decide whether the news is good or not, Mother, when you hear what it is."

It was good. He knew it was.

"It pertains to the Oracle that we have searched for."

He fell silent then, gazing up at her as he waited for her reaction.
Back to top Go down
Queen Cierra

PostSubject: Re: I Bring You News, Mother   I Bring You News, Mother I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 6:28 pm

Cierra had a constant look of boredom and displeasure, much like her son, she preferred the glory of battle and bringing and enemy to it's knees.

However in that bloodshed she had found herself on the throne, and though she enjoyed the power that offered her, the trivialness of politics irritated her.

That was how she grew into such a fearsome leader, she didn't answer to anyone anymore and destroyed those who stood in her way.

At the mention of the Oracle she glanced down at her slave.

"Leave us, inform the guards than none may enter until my son has left."

She waited a moment for the man to move swiftly from their presence before standing and moving down the steps as she peered at her son, she had been chasing the rumors of a new oracle birth for years now, but when ever they drew close, the trail seemed to end.

"What about it?"
She asked, raising and eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
Prince Marcus

PostSubject: Re: I Bring You News, Mother   I Bring You News, Mother I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 6:31 pm

Marcus watched the man leave the room with a bored expression almost identical to his mother's.

As much as he wished he would never follow in his mothers footsteps, Marcus knew that he was probably the most similar to his mother of all his siblings. They held the same bloodlust and boredom of the inane.

Marcus took a step forwards, his gaze falling down to his mother as he circled her slowly.

"Is the knowledge of your Oracle important to you, mother?" he asked in an almost croon.
Back to top Go down
Queen Cierra

PostSubject: Re: I Bring You News, Mother   I Bring You News, Mother I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 6:37 pm

Cierra's arms crossed over her chest as her son circled her, she was in no way intimidated by the gesture, she had dealt with him many times in the past and his strength could no way match her own.

Her gaze didn't follow him either, instead she simply stared out in front of her until he came back into view again.

"You know well enough why I seek to capture an Oracle, such an asset would make conquering the Lycan forces all the easier."

She replied, her voice picking up an impatient tone.

"Do not waste my time Marcus, I am easily have you reassigned, how much would you enjoy spending your days filling my glass instead of the slaves?"

She knew how much he loved the thrill of battle, she could take that away, having his chained to the side of the throne for displeasing her and she would spend days having his blooded for her meals.
Back to top Go down
Prince Marcus

PostSubject: Re: I Bring You News, Mother   I Bring You News, Mother I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 6:43 pm

The man paused in his stalking paces at her threat.

He leaned down, one hand raising to cup his mother's cheek. He looked more like a lover than a son during this gesture. Though all the family had this familiarity. They were a family of the purest of Vampires. Anything they did seemed thick with lust.

"I would do all I could to please my dearest mother; she who bore me of her own flesh and fed me of that flesh for many years." His hand stroked down her neck to rest on her chest, over her dead heart.

His words sounded as sincere as one could get, though Cierra would know differently. They had had this exchange and many similar in the past.

"The news is sweet with a bitter undertone," he said, his tone lightening as he took a step back, legging his hand fall to his side again.
Back to top Go down
Queen Cierra

PostSubject: Re: I Bring You News, Mother   I Bring You News, Mother I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 6:49 pm

Cierra stared up at him, her face calm and smooth as he grasp her cheek, his words meant very little to her at this point, she knew his little speech was riddled with falsehoods, he simply refused to exposed true emotion in front of her, such weakness would be used against him in an instant.

"I'm sure you would, my dearest son."

She replied, petting his hand as it rested over her heart, he got away with more than all of her daughters combined, he was more rebellious, less obedient, her daughters took after their fathers, Marcus took after her, even if he would try to deny it.

"Are you going to leave your poor old mother waiting to hear the news? Who knows, I might die of all age before you're done."

She replied, the corner of her lips curling up the slightest amount.
Back to top Go down
Prince Marcus

PostSubject: Re: I Bring You News, Mother   I Bring You News, Mother I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 6:55 pm

Marcus did not try to deny his similarity with his mother. He just denied all possibility of ever ending up in her place; crowned and ruling wars from afar. He didn't want to be bound to a throne like she was. He craved the bloodshed of battle far too much.

"Do not give me false hope of your death, Mother. I may grow excited for the prospect," he laughed lightly. It wasn't a secret that he wished in some part for his mother's death. She was a strong-willed creature and had the ability (and the malicious drive) to keep him from his battlefield should the wish overtake her. He didn't like it.

"In the event that you die before I give you the news, I will bestow the knowledge to my dear sister."

Marcus' feet took him up the small steps to the throne and he sat down in it gracefully, crossing one leg over the other.

He raised his mother's goblet to his lips and took a delicate sip of the blood within.

"A more solid lead than previous false hopes has been found."
Back to top Go down
Queen Cierra

PostSubject: Re: I Bring You News, Mother   I Bring You News, Mother I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 7:06 pm

"I'm sure my death would bring you a lot of joy, shame I haven't gone up against anyone who has come close to killing me."

Marcus would have to wait a long while for her death, he couldn't start celebrating just yet.

She turned as he walked up and placed himself into the throne, a grin curling at her lips as she walked toward him.

Her hand stroked over his shoulders as she circled around the throne.

"I dare say the throne suits you better than it suits me, shame that you have no interest in taking it. I had hoped on having a male heir, your sisters are such cowards."

If they would not stand up to her, how could they possibly run a country.

She leaned over him, purring in his ear as she spoke. They were such pure blooded creatures, the allure simply rolled off of them, causing everything to seem sexualised, even among each other.

"Perhaps I'll torment you from beyond the grave and leave the throne to you despite your objections."

She muttered with a chuckle, chances were he would give it up immediately.

"How solid?"

She asked, perching herself in his lap and stealing the glass to have a sip of her own.
Back to top Go down
Prince Marcus

PostSubject: Re: I Bring You News, Mother   I Bring You News, Mother I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 7:17 pm

The man gave an amused huff. "My interest in taking the throne is as solid as your interest in losing it," he spoke gently, eyes sliding shut as her hands stroked over his broad shoulders. He had no care for the throne.

"If you wish for a male heir to take your place, I would suggest lowering your standards and opening your bed to more."

He was the strongest of all his siblings, despite being one of the youngest. He was a strong-willed man. Much better to rule than the quiet women that his mother had raised in her daughters.

"My first decree as king would be to pass down the crown. Perhaps Aislin will enjoy to wear the jewels of your country." Aislin was the youngest of Cierra's daughters. A slight wisp of a girl that had barely reached adulthood. Not a woman fit to grace the presence of a Queen, let alone become one. The country would fall quicker than one could bat an eyelid under her reign.

Marcus' arms slid around the woman when she settled in his lap.

"Solid enough to excite the troupes in Kennedrick. The Wolves are gathering armies to search a single particular area of their forest after a small band were found dead in their search for your Oracle." The man gave a small grin as he leaned forwards to press a kiss to his mother's neck. "The area they plan to search borders on Nalithian territory. I believe it would be advantageous for our forced to meander through the forest to see if the Wolves suspicions are correct."
Back to top Go down
Queen Cierra

PostSubject: Re: I Bring You News, Mother   I Bring You News, Mother I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 7:31 pm

"I'd sooner see Nalithia burn at my own hands than handing it over to Aislin."

Cierra replied, her lips pursing. The girl was pathetic, how she had turned out to be such a passive and kind child she would never know.

Knowing Aislin, the girl would hand over the throne to the Werewolves on a golden platter within a day.

"I lowered my standards after it was evident that you didn't want the throne and that only landed me with weak, pitiful children.

I can wait, finding another man like your father will take time."

Marcus' father had been a brute of a man, he had brought her three heads to add to her throne before even muttering a word to her, he had been perfect, a seasoned fighter and commander of one of her armies.

It had been a horrific day when he was slain in battle, Cierra had gone on a war path after that, he was not a smart man, but he had been brilliant with sword in hand.

"If the Wolves are on the trail then we must get there first, do a thorough sweep through the woods, at the very least we can be at ease knowing they were wrong and still as hopeless as they are now, at best, we may find our prize."

A smile graced the woman's lips, this news had pleased her immensely. Leaning down her lips caressed his neck, which she bit into immediately, purring as she took a few mouthfuls before pulling away and licking her lips.

"Gather your best men and move quickly through the woods, do not combat the enemy, it will only waste time while searching.

I'm putting you in command of this mission Marcus, do not disappoint me. If the Oracle can not be found in this suspected area then lay in wait for their scouting party and slay the lot of them.

I'll send my nightstalkers to patrol our borders opposite the woods, if they see Lycan movement you will be informed immediately."

Back to top Go down
Prince Marcus

PostSubject: Re: I Bring You News, Mother   I Bring You News, Mother I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 7:49 pm

Marcus gave a laugh at his mother's distaste for her youngest. Cierra wasn't burdened by familial bonding. She chose her favourites based on how they acted. She made bonds with the strongest of her children. The weaker ones were treated like any peasant that Cierra met on the street. Like filth. Aislin was treated like that.

"I wouldn't know what a man like my father would be like. I never got the displeasure of meeting him." From what he had heard, his father wasn't the smartest. Marcus had no time for brawn. He preferred a man to think with the brain in his head. A man that fought with his sword had no place with Marcus.

The man allowed a nod. That was what he had been thinking when he approached the castle to inform his mother of the good news. Either they celebrated the fact that the Wolves didn't have their Oracle, or they celebrated the fact that they now had the Oracle. It was a situation in which the Vampire's couldn't lose.

Marcus' eyes slid shut as Cierra's dainty fangs pierced the skin of his neck. His hand fisted tightly in her hair, pulling her so her back arched over the arm of her throne and her neck was bared to him. "Stealing the blood of your very own kin, mother?" he tutted as if disappointed, his hand stroking gently over her stomach, trailing up between the valley of her breasts and over her neck.

He leaned down, his tongue stroking over her throat. His fangs clicked to attention and he scraped them over his mother's throat. His fangs were something he got from his father. They were large, thick, dangerous, with secondary fangs growing alongside the primary set and tertiary fangs protruding from his lower jaw. Fangs that no-one else from his family had. His sisters were cursed with the dainty fangs his mother owned.

"Perhaps I should return the favour and steal the blood that was stolen from me?" he breathed against her neck. His years of being allowed for him to adjust to his fangs. He didn't speak with a lisp as many others did. He spoke as naturally as he would without fangs.

The man gave a soft hum in response to her orders as his fangs scraped over her flesh.

He'd go and scout out the Oracle.
Back to top Go down
Queen Cierra

PostSubject: Re: I Bring You News, Mother   I Bring You News, Mother I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 7:58 pm

Marcus' father and suited her well, his lack of brains was compensated by how own intelligence and her lack of brawn was well made up for by his immense amounts of it.

The result of which was the perfect blend of both.

Marcus was a smart boy, he thought a situation through clearly and took the best course of action, he could adapt to situations and intellectually best his foes. His father had gifted him with the strength very few vampire's his age could hope to possess, as he grew older his strength only intensified and he would soon become a unstoppable force on the battlefield.

Cierra smirked as she was pulled back and scolded, he had no fear of her like this though he knew well enough of her power, this was the heir she had wanted.

"You speak of it as if it is the first time I've stolen it from you."

She replied with a chuckle, many times she had drained him when he had pushed her too far and she had grown mad, today she was pleased and that reflected in how little she took.

"Take it then."
She purred as her head tilted back slightly and she gave an amused chuckle.
"Then use the strength it gives you to track down my Oracle and bring it to me."
Her blood was potent, it would give him the edge he needed in battle, old blood like hers did not come around often.
Back to top Go down
Prince Marcus

PostSubject: Re: I Bring You News, Mother   I Bring You News, Mother I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 8:05 pm

Marcus had learned early on that fear was what drove his mother on. If she showed no fear, she treated him with respect.

"It's the first time you've done so while you've been in, what I can only assume as it is the most mythological thing I've encountered in my years, a good mood." Cierra didn't have good moods. She was just bad tempered, or worse tempered, occasionally murderous.

Marcus leaned over when she bid him to, all six of his fangs burrowing into her throat deeply.

He took deep pulls of her blood as he held her in place, purring as the strong taste lingered on his tongue. It was rare she allowed him to drink her blood. She was an old creature and her blood held immense power. With the power came immense flavour. Her blood was an ambrosia.

Marcus wasted none. His lips sealed tight so none flowed down her throat. His fangs stayed embedded in her skin and his swallows were deep, taking in large mouthfuls with every intake.

His drinking was almost greedy.
Back to top Go down
Queen Cierra

PostSubject: Re: I Bring You News, Mother   I Bring You News, Mother I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 8:38 pm

Marcus' fangs were a thing of beauty, they would strike fear into many, and envy into all others.

She had never, in all her years, seen another Vampire with more than four fangs.

"Drink deep."

She moaned as his fangs pierced her flesh, his fangs were so thick, she could feel her flesh tearing around them.

Marcus was never a gentle creature, even as a child he would bully his sisters, he quickly learned how to make his mother tick and what it took for her to treat him like an actual person instead of a Slave.

They had a mutual understanding, respect and hatred of one another. He hated her for the threat she posed on his way of like and she hated him for denying her throne.

"If you succeed, I'll award you accordingly."
She moaned in a seductive purr as he drank, he would quickly climb the ladder for doing this for her.
Back to top Go down
Prince Marcus

PostSubject: Re: I Bring You News, Mother   I Bring You News, Mother I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 8:52 pm

This Vampire was one that so few should mess with. A creature that could become legend if he wished to. Marcus was strong. Dangerous. Someone that held himself out of the limelight when it would be so simple to step into the light and claim glory.

Marcus did as he was bid without a fight.

He took deeper pulls, his hand holding her hair tighter as he yanked her head back so hard her bones groaned in protest.

Gentle wasn't necessary. Gentle was just something to hold him back. If he wanted something, he took it. Life was as simple as that. Marcus was smart and brutal; a dangerous combination that opened many doors for him.
Back to top Go down
Queen Cierra

PostSubject: Re: I Bring You News, Mother   I Bring You News, Mother I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 8:57 pm

Cierra let him feed on her without complaint, she had told him to do it, knowing full well that he would take his opportunity to feel some sort of control over her.

She moaned as her head was yanked back but lay still, her hands stroking over his back adoringly, his brutality was a think of beauty which she had promoted and cultivated in him as he grew up.

When she finally felt her vision blurring and her body becoming tired from the blood loss she gripped his hair and yanked his head back sharply, barely flinching as his fang were forced from her neck.

"That's enough, greedy boy."

She crooned as she leaned forward and licked some of her blood from his lips whilst holding him still firmly.

"Now. Go get my Oracle," she instructed.
Back to top Go down
Prince Marcus

PostSubject: Re: I Bring You News, Mother   I Bring You News, Mother I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 9:01 pm

Marcus hissed at his mother when she yanked his head away from her neck.

His hiss morphed into a dark growl as he tried to escape her hold.

Marcus didn't like to be interrupted when he was enjoying a meal. Something that Cierra shared. He was done with his meals when he was done with them and not a moment before.

His growling quieted a little when her tongue ran over his lips. He took that moment to strike, fangs tearing into her tongue and lips, lapping at the blood that spilled from the wounds.

He didn't answer her order, just lapped at her blood contentedly.
Back to top Go down
Queen Cierra

PostSubject: Re: I Bring You News, Mother   I Bring You News, Mother I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 9:20 pm

He was as obsessed with blood as she was, it was a curse they both shared, he wouldn't see sense again until his desire was completely sated.

She gave him an unamused look as he tore at her mouth, luckily those wounds would heal fast enough.

Since she was already bleeding she let him lap at the wounds until they began to seal over, he wouldn't be piercing her flesh again unless he got her the Oracle.

"Get me the Oracle."

She added with a growl as she kept him at a distance.
Back to top Go down
Prince Marcus

PostSubject: Re: I Bring You News, Mother   I Bring You News, Mother I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 9:22 pm

He huffed as her wounds sealed, leaving him without any way of getting blood from her.

Her hand was still in his hair, firm. He wouldn't be able to fight free of her grip. She was too strong. Hundreds of years his senior with the experience to boot.

"I'll go," he grunted, licking his lips, taking as much of her blood as he could.

In that last attempt at feeding, he'd gotten lax. Messy. Her blood had run over her lips and neck, over her chest.

He didn't usually leave messes like that.
Back to top Go down
Queen Cierra

PostSubject: Re: I Bring You News, Mother   I Bring You News, Mother I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 9:27 pm

Cierra sighed as she looked down at herself, getting dirty was such a bother.

"Wonderful, not I have to go bathe before my next appointment," she muttered, sounding displeased.

"Good, now hurry, we don't want the Lycans beating you to it."

She replied as she slid out of his lap and let go of his hair, the blood he had taken would be more than enough to fuel him for the trip, she only hoped that he used it well and returned how successful.

If not, and his squad lost to the Lycans, it was better he not return home at all.
Back to top Go down
Prince Marcus

PostSubject: Re: I Bring You News, Mother   I Bring You News, Mother I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 9:29 pm

Marcus' squad would not lose to the Lycan.

His squad was a group of fierce men and women. Not something that mere pups like the king's arm contained.

They would get their prize. and if the lead was dead, they'd sleigh the Wolves and bring the company's head back to the castle.

Marcus pushed himself to his feet and shook out his hair, fingers brushing through the long, straight locks to smooth them down again. "We will return when news of our victory."
Back to top Go down
Queen Cierra

PostSubject: Re: I Bring You News, Mother   I Bring You News, Mother I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 9:33 pm

"See that you do, I shall have your prize waiting for you when you return."
She replied, straightening out her clothing.

Cierra had already decided the perfect gift for her son, it was definitely something she knew he would enjoy simply based on the fact that she would enjoy being gifted it.

Meanwhile she had work to do to facilitate their new guest should the Oracle be caught, though she wouldn't hold her breath, they had become close before without any luck.
Back to top Go down
Prince Marcus

PostSubject: Re: I Bring You News, Mother   I Bring You News, Mother I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 9:36 pm

The man tilted his head to his mother and stood.

"I bid you adieu."

Marcus strode across the room, heading towards the door. He stopped a moment before he reached the large doors.

"Mother, I would suggest you cease feeding on the Shifter you enjoy so much. You're starting to taste like dog. It won't be too long before I taste a wolf rather than my mother."

Then he disappeared, before his mother could throw something at him and impale him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Bring You News, Mother   I Bring You News, Mother I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Bring You News, Mother
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Battle Of Crowns :: Nalithia :: The Castle-
Jump to: